Magnum Energy MS-PAE Series Inverter
MS-PAE4024 4000W, 24V
The MS-PAE Series Inverter/Charger from Magnum Energy is a pure sinewave inverter designed specifically for the most demanding renewable energy applications. The unique design of the MS-AE Series provides two 120VAC output lines that are 180° out-of-phase with each other, so that the combination of the L1 and L2 lines total 240VAC and the voltage between either L1 or L2 and neutral is 120VAC, eliminating the need to purchase two units and stack them together to get 240 volts.
When the power requirements of the system are beyond the capacity of a single MS-PAE Series inverter or the system is expanded as more loads are added, up to four MS-PAE Series inverters can be connected together in a parallel configuration. When connecting inverters in parallel, the overall inverter power and surge capacity is increased to power a large single load or more smaller loads.
Available in 4000 (24 volts) and 4400 (48 volts) watt models, the MS-PAE Series inverters are powerful, easy-to-use and ETL listed to the stringent requirements of UL 1741 and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01 for Renewable Energy installations.
The MS-PAE Series Inverter/Charger includes the following:
- High wattage output in a small footprint – less weight and area needed for install.
- Ability to parallel up to four identical MS-PAE inverters to increase output power capability (requires ME-RTR).
- Pure sine wave output (<5% THD).
- 120/240 VAC Split phase output in a single inverter.
- PFC (Power Factor Corrected) multi-stage battery charger.
- RS485 standard communication protocol.
- Remote and Network ports (easy connection for optional accessories).
- ON/OFF Inverter-mounted switch with LED indicator.
- Large AC access and terminal block [wire size: #18 to #2 AWG (0.82 to 33.6 mm2) CU].
- DC terminal covers with 360 degree connection.
- Battery Temperature Sensor – for optimum charging during extreme temperature changes.
- Field Serviceable for qualifi ed personnel – tested repair kits available.
- Smooth, aesthetically pleasing design.
- MS4024PAE and MS4448PAE are ETL listed to UL/cUL STD 1741 and CSA STD 22.2 107.01-01 for safety.
** 5 YEAR SYSTEM WARRANTY when Magnum Panel and Magnum Inverter are bought together (see Documents Tab above for more info)
Inverter Specifications MS-PAE4024 Input Battery Voltage 18 – 34.0 VDC Nominal AC output voltage 120/240 VAC split phase Output frequency and accuracy 60 Hz ± 0.04% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) < 5% 1 msec surge current (amps AC) L-N: 120, L-L 70 100 msec surge current (amps AC) L-N: 72, L-L 40 5 sec surge power (real watts) 5800 30 sec surge power (real watts) 5200 5 min surge power (real watts) 4800 30 min surge power (real watts) 4500 Maximum continuous input current 266 ADC Inverter efficiency (peak) 93% Transfer time 16 msecs Power Consumption (Searching) <6 W Power Consumption – inverting (no load) 27 W Waveform Pure Sine Wave Charger Specifications Continuous Output at 25 ºC 105 ADC (@28.2 VDC) Charger efficiency 85% Power factor > 0.95 Input current at rated output (AC amps) 15 AAC per leg at 120/240 VAC split phase General Features and Capabilities Transfer relay capability 2 legs at 30A per leg transfer standard on all models Five stage charging capability Bulk, Absorb, Float, Equalize, and Battery Saver™ Battery temperature compensation Standard with included temp sensor (battery temp 0 to 50° C) Internal cooling 0 to 120 cfm variable speed drive using dual 92mm brushless DC fans Overcurrent protection Yes, with two overlapping circuits Overtemperature protection Yes on transformer, MOSFETS, and battery Conformal coating on PCB’s for corrosion protection Yes Powder coated chassis & top for corrosion protection Yes Stainless steel fasteners for corrosion protection Yes Listings ETL Listed to UL1741 and CSA STD C22.2 No.107.1-01 Warranty Three years Environmental Specifications Operating temperature -20° C to +60° C (-4° F to 140° F) Nonoperating temperature -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to 158° F) Operating humidity 0 to 95% RH non condensing Dimensions (l x w x h) 13.75” x 12.65” x 8.0” (34.9 cm x 32.1 cm x 20.3 cm) Mounting Shelf or wall (vents not allowed to face downward unless ME-HOOD and ME-CB are installed) Max operating altitude 15,000′ (4570 m)