The Garden WaterSaver Downspout Diverter Attachment
he Garden Watersaver is designed to capture water from a downspout to be collected in a rain barrel . Rain water flows from the roof into the gutter downspout and gets captured in the Watersaver reservoir.
When the reservoir fills, the water then takes the path of least resistance, which is the unit’s lower exit spout that leads, via a hose, to the rain barrel. When the rain barrel is full, back pressure occurs and the water then exits out of the upper exit spout into the normal drainage system.
This is a much more sophisticated and elegant solution to capturing rain water than the typical flexible downspout redirector.
When your rain barrel fills up, the extra water runs through your downspout again instead of through an overflow hose on your rain barrel!
Fits standard 2" x 3" downspout. Will not work with a 3" x 4" downspout, or with a round downspout.
Kit Content Includes:
- Water Diverter Unit
- 7’ (2.1 m) hose tubing, long enough to give you options of where to place the rain barrel
- Deactivating Plug, for easy deactivation when you don’t need it
- Installation instructions, which are simple and concise
- Deactivating plug
Deactivating Plug Explained
- We recommend taping to the hose to prevent losing.
- If you don’t want to collect any more water because it is winter or some other reason, you simply plug up the downspout and it works just like a regular downspout again.
New models of the WaterSaver do not have mounting holes (even though the package still shows an old picture). They were re-designed for screwless installation, but screws are included if you want to attach the diverter for a more secure fit. Your order may also include a spare Deactivating Plug.