Rolled gauze coated with CELOX hemostatic agent
CELOX™ is a high-performance granular hemostatic material designed to control life threatening bleeding fast. It contains a proprietary marine biopolymer that is suitable for many applications, from deep arterial bleeds to superficial wounds. CELOX provides a simple, quick way to stop bleeding and is particularly useful in treating difficult and deep wounds.
CELOX GAUZE combines the ground breaking CELOX agent with a fabric dressing to control life threatening blood loss directly at the source of bleeding. CELOX GAUZE is the only fabric dressing available coated with the CELOX hemostatic agent. The flexible gauze allows for easy and precise placement of the wound treatment.Tears easily to any length.
How it Works
CELOX controls bleeding by forming a robust clot when red blood cells react with the CELOX agent. This occurs within minutes after the product is placed at the source of bleeding. CELOX’s properties have been confirmed in studies, where they have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to rapidly control major arterial bleeding (without cautery) from traumatic wounds. Excess CELOX forms a gelled mass to protect the clot and is easily irrigated out.
Benefits and Features
• Coated gauze allows for greater placement at source of bleeding
• Not affected by windy conditions
• Helps save lives by controlling bleeding within minutes
• Works in hypothermic conditions
• Works on anticoagulated blood
• No heat – No burning
• Sterile, waterproof packaging
• No special requirements
• Easy to remove and irrigate from wound
• No scissors or shears required – tears easily to required length.