Water-Miser Safety Vent Battery Cap
Advanced battery cap reduces the escape of gases from flooded lead-acid batteries and increase retention of electrolyte thus reducing maintenance. The "flip top" makes maintenance easy when needed.
The most advanced industrial battery "flip-top" vent cap available today.
Engineered and designed to encompass all areas of concern – ease of inspection and watering.
Battery-top moisture reduction. Electrolyte retention within cells. Extended watering intervals.
Fume-freer environment, as well as flame and/or spark retardant characteristics.
An injection molded "flip-top" vent-cap addressing areas of safe and efficient maintenance during the routing servicing of industrial, semi-industrial and golf cart batteries.
Typical use is one cap per 2V cell in a battery. For example, the Trojan T-105 battery is a 6V battery with three 2V cells. The cap from each cell is replaced by the Water-Miser Hydrocap.
- There is no need to remove vent-caps – just flip open for inspection and watering
- Escaping gases, exiting through the moisture-return medium during the charging cycle, carry fewer electrolyte laden droplets, assuring that cell electrolyte gravities are being better maintained.
- Consistency of intended cell voltages and capacity characteristics are ENHANCED.
- Tops of the batteries remain much DRIER.
- Cell to cell and battery to equipment body-grounding is respectively reduced.
- Extended watering intervals are achieved.
- The bayonet quarter-turn design ASSURES PROPER FIT for all US manufactured batteries.
- Orientation of the cover assembly through 360 degree is standard.
- Externally initiated explosions, within the battery cells are virtually eliminated due to the incorporation of the flame and/or spark retardant Hydrophobic Cindered Disc.
- The built in Anti-Splash device assures that a minimum of electrolyte is propelled into the immediate area when the Flip-Top is opened for inspections or watering.
- The handling of acid-ladened vent-caps is a thing of the past: just FLIP OPEN, FLIP SHUT – lesser exposure to electrolyte (sulfuric acid) as fumes and/or liquid.
The "Water-Miser Safety-Vent" can be Retro-fitted to any US manufactured industrial battery and most semi-industrial and golf cart batteries.
Its design accommodates all single-cell fillers having nozzle diameters of up to 3/4 inch.
Flip-Top Labor savings, during servicing, versus the standard vent-cap will more than compensate for the costs within the first 6 months.
The top of the cap sits 1.5" above the battery. Allow another 1" for the filler cap to oPEN