MorningStar TS-MPPT-60 charge controllers work with 12, 24, 36 or 48 VDC systems. MPPT type charge controllers have the ability to step down module voltage for battery charging.
TS-MPPT-60 Maximum Nominal Solar Input:
- 12V Systems = 800 Watts
- 24V Systems = 1600 Watts
- 48V Systems = 3200 WattsMorningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The Morningstar Tristar MPPT 60 provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The Morningstar Tristar MPPT 60 features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. The TS-MPPT-60 also is one of the first PV controllers to include on-board Ethernet (Ethernet with this 60 A version ONLY) for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
Features of the Morningstar Tristar MPPT 60:
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Peak efficiency of 99%
- Low self-consumption
- The Morningstar Tristar MPPT 60 has continuous operation at full power to 45 DEG C (113 DEG F) without need to de-rate
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED’s display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
- Maximum Self-consumption 2.7 Watts