Ahh, naturally warm wool, Italian style. Roomy 81 x 64″ size (6 3/4‘ x 5 3/8‘) for full coverage. Sure to lock out the chills. Add it to your bunk, vehicle or den for R&R.
- Heavy-duty, 100% pure wool may have been lightly used
- Gray / brown color with off-white striping at ends.
Benefits of Wool
Pure, natural wool has been used by humans for centuries for warmth and comfort in both hot and cold climates. In more recent times many new synthetic materials have appeared and the benefits of natural wool have largely been forgotten.
Yet, wool is a remarkably versatile fibre. It has comfort, style, texture, coolness, resilience, wrinkle recovery, drape, elasticity, absorption, tenacity and warmth. Because of these many unique attributes, wool gives superior performance to man made fibres, making it the perfect choice for you and your family.
Some of the health benefits of sleeping with wool:
- Wool regulates body temperature – in the micro climate of the bed no matter what the season. It produces warmth in winter without overheating and it keeps you cooler on summer nights because of its natural moisture-wicking properties.
- Wool is hypoallergenic – it is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew which can trigger allergic reactions in some people.
- Wool is flame-resistant – wool blankets are the safest choice in the home, hospitals, hotels, and anywhere where bedding is used. Because of its unique chemical structure, wool is difficult to ignite. It won’t flame or melt so it will not cling to the skin and cause serious hot melt burns like many synthetics.
- Dust-mites don’t like wool – dust mites need moisture to survive and they are more readily found in other types of bedding such as down, feathers, and synthetic materials. Dust mite allergens are the leading trigger for asthma attacks.