The innovative H*VENT hydrogel chest seal is a low-profile and compact vented dressing that relieves pressure from an open chest wound due to air (pneumothorax) or bodily fluid (hemothorax) in the chest. This newly designed chest seal was the winner of the 2017 EMS World Top Innovation Award.
Key features of the H*VENT include:
- A unique multi-directional vented dressing. This allows the fluids to “Drain towards gravity”. Important because that means casualty can be transported on their side, etc.
- The design helps prevent occlusion. This provides a backup fail-safe system since there are 6 ports. Even if 5 become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational.
- The unique dome membrane design creates a complete seal around the wound area, ensuring a complete seal and reducing the risk of air or fluid finding alternate paths.
- Large vent openings on the H*VENT allows for visual monitoring of the wound. The dome design gives quick indication of air or fluid leaving the chest (billows up) or when the seal is in place (sucks down).
- Proven in internal testing to retain a seal during inhalation and to maintain a sustainable negative pressure (below ambient pressure) within the pleural space.
- Lowest profile of any vented chest seal and easy to fold.
- Dimensions: 8.4″ H x 9.2″ W x 0.2″ D (flat package)
- Weight: 0.19 lbs