The Gamma-Scout hand-held radiation detector or geiger counter is a general purpose survey meter for measuring and detecting ionizing radiation. It can detect alpha, beta, gamma and x-ray radiation. The Gamma-Scout radiation detector can be used to:
- Determine the source of radiation leakages
- Monitor ambient radiation anomalies
- Monitor personal cumulative dose exposure
- Detect radioactive elements in metal scrap
- Check rocks from the earth for radioactivity
- Teach or learn about radioactivity
The Alert model also features an audible click in the presence of radiation. You can also set a radiation threshold to sound an alert.