- The FLIR T70 Advanced Combat Thermal Sight – Short Range (ACTS-SR) is an uncooled thermal clip-on weapon sight with a low, in-line opto-mechanical profile suitable for modern weaponry with flip-down or removable front sight posts. The low profile compliments current Rifle Combat Optics (RCO’s) and minimizes height above the rail. The ACTS-SR provides scene clarity and allows the use of false color to enable rapid target acquisition and firing solutions using a high density, color Organic Light Emitting Display (OLED).The ACTS-SR has been specifically designed and optimized for weapons utilizing the NATO 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm rounds, but is rated for weapons including .50 BMG. The T70 has a an approximate 500 meter identification range. The size and weight make it ideal for tactical small arms such as the FN SCAR-MK16/17, M4/M16, SR25, and other 5.56/7.62 platforms. The default Field of View (1x) enables center of mass hits at 500 meters. A 1.5x or wide Field of View mode allows the operator to display a wide area of regard for situational awareness or simply scanning for potential threats.
The ACTS-SR converts the operation of day scopes to thermal imaging, extending the useful period operation from daylight into nighttime. By mounting the ACTS-SR directly in front of the day scope, the operator can view the same scene with the ability to sense infrared energy (heat) in all lighting conditions. The ACTS-SR can also be used as a stand alone weapon sight and handheld thermal viewer.
The ACTS-SR is powered by the three AA batteries or two CR123 batteries. Battery life is approximately 5 hours at 20 degrees C with three lithium AA batteries and 4 hours at 20 degrees C with two CR123 batteries. The batteries can be removed and replaced in the field without removing the ACTS-SR from the weapon system.
The FLIR T70 was developed for SOCOM for use with short range magnified optics such as the Trijicon ACOG and Elcan Specter-DR. It is optimized to provide the best image when paired with 4x magnification, but can be used with scopes up to 5-6x without much loss of image fidelity due to its native 640×512 sensor. This high resolution sensor provides incredibly crisp detail and shading for rich images and easier target identification.
The FLIR T70 features the standard white hot/black hot polarity modes. But, it also has the ability to show images in full color using several palette options.
Gray (Grayscale) Palette provides maximum contrast on targets against a uniform background using black and white shades.
Iron Palette provides a color scale that goes from dark red through yellow to white to represent increasing temperatures.
Rain (Rainbow) Palette uses all the colors of the rainbow from red through green, blue, and yellow to violet to represent increasing temperatures.
Ice (Fire & Ice) Palette displays blue for cold targets and red for hot targets.
Another useful feature of the T70 is the remote cable control. This allows the operator to set up the joystick controls elsewhere on the weapon for easier access without breaking the firing grip/position. If you are looking for the ultimate thermal clip-on sight for short range optics, look no further.
Export of Thermal Imaging Equipment or related accessories (such as manuals) is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It is a major crime to ship or carry US manufactured thermal imaging devices outside the borders of the United States, punishable by fines and prison sentences. Ignorance of these regulations will not hold up in court. By purchasing thermal imaging equipment from Ready Made Resources, you attest that you will not attempt to export or carry this thermal imaging equipment outside the borders of the United States. Also, it illegal to allow a non-US Citizen to look through US Thermal Imaging Equipment, even on US soil. Again, this is a crime punishable by fines and prison sentences.
- Manufacturer: FLIR
- Dimensions: 6.8”(L) x 2.8”(W) x 3.5”(H)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- Finish: Flat Dark Earth
- Power: Three (3) AA Batteries or Two (2) CR123 Batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 5 Hours (AA), 4 Hours (CR123)
- Recoil Rating: Including .50 BMG
- Waterproof: IP 68 (20 ft. freshwater, 6 hr; 66 ft seawater, 2 hrs)
- Operating temp: -40°F to +120°F
- Storage temp: -40°F to +160°F
- Shock and vibe: Per MIL-STD-810F
- EMI: Per MIL-STD-461E
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty
- THERMAL SPEC:
- Sensor: Vanadium Oxide, Uncooled Microbolometer
- Detector: 640 x 512
- Sensitivity: <50mK
- Spectral: 7.5 to 13.5 μm
- Start-Up: <1.5 sec. from Standby
- FOV: 9.4° x 7.5°
- Focus: Manual
- Zoom: 1X, 2X, and 0.5X. LR: Native FOV compliments standard RCOs. Three zoom capabilities, 1X, 2X, and 4X, for long range ID and engagement
- Frame Rate: 30 Hz
- Polarity: White Hot/Black Hot
- Palette: Gray, Iron, Rain, Ice
- Video: RS-170 external video out (NTSC or PAL)
- Optimized for Use With: SU-230/PVS Articulated Telescope, SU-231/PEQ Reflex Sight, ECOS-C 4x Day Optical Scope, Close Combat Optic M68, Enhanced Combat Optical Sight Navy (ECOS-N), LA-5/PEQ Integrated Small Arms Laser Illuminator, AN/PEQ-2 Infrared Target Pointer/Illuminator/Aiming Laser, SU-230A/PVS Articulated Telescope
- INCLUDES: T70 with adjustable quick detach throw lever mount, coupling lightshroud /eye relief, video output cable, remote control pad, batteries, operators manual, graphic training aid, lens cleaning kit, and soft carrying case
- Manufacturer’s P/N: P65000-030000, P65000-030200