The FLIR BHS-XR Command WITH 35MM LENS, features the same image clarity and detail you’ve come to depend on in the H-Series monocular, FLIR’s H-Series Bi-Ocular Thermal Imaging Camera brings your other eye into play. Featuring a full coverage eyepiece, inter-ocular adjustment, ergonomic comfort, and the unrivaled performance that only FLIR’s high resolution thermal cores can deliver, the H-Series Bi-Ocular is a must-have for extended patrols, covert surveillance, critical infrastructure protection, and high-threat security missions.
Employing a 320×240 FLIR thermal imaging core with advanced image-processing algorithms, the H-Series Bi-Ocular provides crisp, clear thermal video day and night, and is the perfect addition to the field-proven H-Series monocular camera line-up. All H-Series cameras allow officers to see in total darkness, through smoke, dust, and light fog, as well as through light camouflage and foliage in any lighting conditions, providing a clear tactical advantage.
The BHS-X Command model bi-ocular provides excellent long range viewing with sharp 320 x 240 native resolution in the viewfinder, and a 2x digital e-zoom step to 160 x 120. Enhanced Lens Surfaces: Raised rubber sleeves and captive low-profile lens caps help protect your lens investment as well as providing excellent grip/sensitivity.
A quick release hot-shoe literally makes access to AC power a “snap”, and a latched battery door provides fast and easy access to exchange or recondition batteries.
The ability to capture both photos and video is standard on all Scout Bi-Ocular models. One-touch recording frees up hands to focus and zoom during an exciting event to get the best video possible. If you are serious about the great outdoors, why limit your opportunity to only the daylight hours? Experience nature in vivid detail 24/7 with the Scout Bi-Ocular.
So, the main questions we get concerning the BHS series are: What are the differences between the BHS series and the BTS Scout Series? Well, the BHS is designed for Law Enforcement use and comes equipped with a 30Hz output rather than the 9Hz offered by the Scouts, making it much faster. The only caveat to this is that the BHS series cannot be taken outside the country. The other difference is that the BHS series features a time/date stamp in the image which is useful for evidence collection and court. This replaces the “Instalert” feature in the Scout series.
The other question we get is: What’s the difference between the BHS-X and BHS-XR models? This is simple. The “X” models have a 320×240 native resolution thermal core, while the “XR” models feature a native 640×480 native resolution. The XR’s 640×480 is only available in the Bi-Ocular BHS series. The standard H-Series tops out at 320×480.
Normally, FLIR sells the BHS series as a camera and lens separately. There are 3 different lens sizes available. To help avoid confusion, we have taken the liberty of assembling package deals for the BHS line. You can still purchase the units by themselves, but they require a lens to function.
This package features the QD35 Lens, giving the user a very wide field of view, but shorter range.
Export of Night Vision Equipment or related accessories (such as manuals) is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It is a major crime to ship or carry US manufactured night vision devices outside the borders of the United States, punishable by fines and prison sentences. Ignorance of these regulations will not hold up in court. By purchasing night vision equipment from Ready Made Resources, you attest that you will not attempt to export or carry this night vision equipment outside the borders of the United States. Also, it illegal to allow a non-US Citizen to look through US Gen3 Night Vision Devices, even on US soil. Again, this is a crime punishable by fines and prison sentences.
- Manufacturer FLIR
- Dimensions: 13.2”(L) x 6.5”(W) x 2.63” (H)
- Weight: 2.30 Lbs
- Finish: Black, Corrosion Resistant
- Power: (4x) AA Batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 4-6 Hours, 120 Hours on NiMH Batteries
- Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
- THERMAL SPEC:
- Sensor: Vanadium Oxide, Uncooled Microbolometer
- Detector: 320 x 240
- Sensitivity: <50mK @ f/1.0
- Spectral: 7.5 to 13.5 μm
- Start-Up: <1.5 sec. from Standby
- FOV: 13° x 10°
- FOV 2x E-Zoom: 6.5° x 5°
- Image Process: FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement
- Focus: Manual
- Zoom: 2X Electronic Zoom
- Polarity: White Hot/Black Hot
- Frame Rate: 30 Hz (NTSC or PAL)
- Video Output: NTSC or PAL Composite Video
- IMAGE PRESENTATION:
- Built-In display: Color VGA LCD Display
- Viewfinder Video Output: 30 Hz NTSC or PAL Composite Video (320 x 240)
- External Video (via RCA Jack): 320 x 240 NTSC or PAL
- Operating Temp: -4°F to +140°F
- Storage Temp: -40°F to +167°F
- Ratings: IP-67, Submersible, 1 Meter Drop
- RANGE PERFORMANCE:
- Detect Man 780 m
- Recognize Man: 190 m
- FILE STORAGE/DATA TRANSFER:
- Still Image/Video Format: JPEG / AVI (320 x 240)
- Still Image/Video Storage: SD or SDHC Card
- Real Time Clock: Yes
- USB2 Port: Yes
- Hot Shoe Charging/ Video Output Attachment, Four (4) AA Rechargeable Batteries, AC Power Adapter/ Charger, Car Power Adapter/ Charger, Neck Lanyard, Manual, Quick Reference Guide, Video Output Cable, Tactical Carry Case, USB Cable, 1 Gb SD Card