The MAXPEDITION FATBOY S-TYPE VERSIPACK was originally designed for Search and Rescue work, the S-type allows for the additional attachment of the CP-L Radio Holster (#0102) or any other MAXPEDITION accessory pocket in place of the cellphone pocket on the standard Fatboy. In addition, the Fatboy S-Type rides on the left side of the body filling the need for a ‘lefty’ Fatboy and a grab-and-go gear bag that does not hinder the quick drawing of a sidearm on the right hip. It also has a 2″ wide Velcro loop patch on the front lid for attachment of ID patches. Each S-Type Fatboy comes with a tactile non-slip shoulder pad providing great comfort during extended use.
- Main: 8″ x 6.5″ x 3″
- Frontal: 7″ x 5″ x 1.5″
- Rear: 8″ x 7.5″
- SideA: 6″ x 3″ x 1.5″
- SideB: 5″ x 1.5″ x 1″
- Shoulder : Integral 2″ strap (min 40″ diameter / max 60″ diameter) with non-slip shoulder pad.
- Empty Weight: 17.6 oz.
- Attach: Integral Quick Release Belt Snap
- Optional Accessories (Sold Seperately): Grimloc Carabiner and Hook & Loop Modular Accessories (#3501 UNIVERSAL CCW HOLSTER, #3502 TRIPLE MAG HOLDER, #3503 DUAL MAG RETENTION INSERT)
- Color Options: Black / Green / Khaki / Digital Foliage Camo
- Also #0403 Fatboy Versipack (Right side carry)
The following are the major differences between the S-type and the standard Fatboy:
(3) The S-type provides more modular capacity than the standard Fatboy with three anchor attachment points.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or “Box-and-X” stitched for added strength
- A MAXPEDITION’s nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach