The B.E. Meyers MAWL-C1+ represents a true paradigm shift in laser system design. It is a full featured infrared and visible green aiming and illumination laser for individual carbines. Offering improved ergonomics, interface, and performance, the MAWL was designed from the ground up around the evolved needs of the warfighter. The original MAWL-DA is a ground-breaking laser system. Now, it is being made available for individual purchase in the form of the MAWL-C1+. The MAWL-C1+ breaks as much ground in performance as the physical form does in function.
Class 1+ is a new category in eye-safe laser capability. Standard Class 1 invented the eye-safe IR laser category. Class 1+ perfects it. B.E. Meyers’ engineers have developed a laser system that seriously outperforms competitive units while still abiding by FDA variance.
The MAWL-C1+ addresses the use of space and ergonomic shortcomings of lasers on short carbines like the SOCOM Mk18, it mounts offset from the rail to minimize impact on hand position and optic field of view. This revolutionary design leaves the shooter completely unimpeded by mounting mission essential accessories. The offset placement of the laser body allows the onboard fire buttons to be located directly over the rail clamp. This lower profile creates much easier access to the controls, allowing the operator to keep their same firing grip while actuating the laser. Regardless, the MAWL-C1+ is completely ambidextrous. This is achieved through a never-before-seen modular design that allows the head and tail to separate from the body, trade places, and be reassembled on the opposite side.
Controls are incredibly intuitive. Output modes are switched by rotating the front bezel to expose the appropriate emitter. OFF = all emitters covered. VIS = Only Visible Green emitter exposed. IR = Only IR Laser Pointer and IR Laser Illuminator emitters exposed. Onboard controls include two “fire” buttons. The forward button is “IMMEDIATE,” while the rear button is “ADMIN.” The Immediate Action button controls the 90% use case outputs per mode. The Admin button activates the other, less critical tertiary functions per mode. The beams are pre focused to optimal FOV and power at various power outputs. Output power control is accomplished with a top-mounted tactile sliding switch. The switch output mode is easy to determine through feel and has three positions. This means there is no fumbling through complex dial adjustments around the clock in the dark. Everything is rapid and effortless! Modes are as follows:
SHORT RANGE IR
Optimized for room engagements and building interiors, Short Range mode offers smooth, romm-filling illumination with no discernible speckling or edges and no excessive bloom. The admin function activates a low energy IR Illuminator with no pointer for navigating extremely dark areas without discharging an extra IR light. The IR aiming laser stays at 0.7mW so to not bloom out targets.
MID RANGE IR
Mid-Range mode excels at urban building movement and is appropriate for alleyways, streets, building exteriors, and rooftops. Mid-Range offers dual illuminator and a pointer; a mid-range wide angle flood with a tight hot spot for punching out further distances. Admin function redistributes the illuminator outputs to optimize longer range illumination without switching into Long Range mode.
LONG RANGE IR
Long Range mode essentially mimics the performance of the Mid Range mode in the C1+ model.
SHORT & MID RANGE GREEN VISIBLE
Short Range Visible allows the user to fire a smooth green laser beam at either 1 or 5mW. Mid Range is 5mW with both fire buttons.
LONG RANGE GREEN VISIBLE
Long Range in visible mode offers a steady 5mW or 6Hz Pulse at 5mW depending on the fire button that is used.
The MAWL-C1+ is unlike any other laser product on the market. Its intuitive, ease of use layout makes it one of the most user friendly lasers available to the law enforcement professional or civilian user. Yes, it’s expensive. But, the MAWL-C1+ is in a class of its own. Nothing else compares.
- Manufacturer: B.E. Meyers
- Dimensions: 5.0″(L) x 2.8″(W) x 2.0″(H)
- Weight: 10.1 oz w/ Battery
- Power: One (1) 3V DL123A Battery
- Environmentally Sealed: MIL-STD-810G Compliant
- Operational Temperature: -20°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C
- Azimuth & Elevation Adjustment: Yes – 0.3 mrad / 1 MOA per click
- Housing Material: 6061-T6 Type II Anodized Aluminium
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Infrared Laser Spec:
- IR Laser Class: Class 1+
- IR Laser Divergence: 0.5 mRad
- IR Laser Wavelength: 860 nm
- IR Laser – Short Range: 0.7 mW (Fire Button A), 0.7 mW (Fire Button B)
- IR Laser – Mid Range: 0.7 mW (Fire Button A), 0.7 mW (Fire Button B)
- IR Laser – Long Range: 0.7 mW (Fire Button A), 0.7 mW (Fire Button B)
- IR Laser Illuminator Spec:
- IR Illuminator Class: Class 1+
- IR Illuminator Wavelength: 860 nm
- IR Illuminator – Short Range: 40 mW at 60° (Fire Button A), 5 mW at 60° (Fire Button B)
- IR Illuminator – Mid Range: 80 mW at 16° & 50 mW at 4° (Fire Button A), 40 mW at 16° & 50 mW at 4° (Fire Button B)
- IR Illuminator – Long Range: 50 mW at 4° (Fire Button A), N/A (Fire Button B)
- Visible Laser Spec:
- Visible Laser Divergence: 0.5 mrad
- Visible Laser Wavelength: 520 nm
- Visible Laser – Short Range: 5 mW (Fire Button A), 1 mW (Fire Button B)
- Visible Laser – Medium Range: 5 mW (Fire Button A), 5 mW (Fire Button B)
- Visible Laser – Long Range: 6 Hz Pulse at 5 mW (Fire Button A), 5 mW (Fire Button B)
Export of Night Vision Equipment or related accessories (such as manuals) is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It is a major crime to ship or carry US manufactured night vision devices outside the borders of the United States, punishable by fines and prison sentences. Ignorance of these regulations will not hold up in court. By purchasing night vision equipment from Ready Made Resources, you attest that you will not attempt to export or carry this night vision equipment outside the borders of the United States. Also, it illegal to allow a non-US Citizen to look through US Gen3 Night Vision Devices, even on US soil. Again, this is a crime punishable by fines and prison sentences
DO NOT FIND OUT THE HARD WAY, THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS AN WILL PROSECUTE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.