Safe Cell NBC air filtration system
60 cubic feet of filtered air
120 volt AC with 12 volt DC battery backup
Safe Cell System (filter only)
60 Cubic Feet of Filtered Air | 120 Volt AC w/12 or 24 Volt DC Only
Nuclear, Biological & Chemical Protection
The ASR-12/24-AV-NBC Safe Cell is a positive pressure nuclear, biological, and chemical air filtration system. It is available in 12 or 24 volt DC current.
The Safe Cell has been designed from the ground up to overpressure a protected space so that the only way for outside air to enter your shelter is through the filter.
The Safe Cell comes with everything necessary to pull it from the boxes and install it in a safe room. If your room is sealed up, you will also need anoverpressure valve. If you are installing it in a blast resistant shelter, you should also install blast valves.
- One DC only Safe Cell with a complete filter bank that includes the two pre-filters, a nuclear grade HEPA particulate filter, and a warfare gas carbon adsorber.
- Two wall mount brackets, two quick release clamps, two star nuts, and four lag screws.
- One AC and one DC power cord.
- One 60 inch chemical resistant flexible air intake hose.
- One wall mount flange and gasket for the hose.
- One hard copy of the installation and operation manual.
The Safe Cell includes everything necessary to install and operate. When installed in an air tight protected space like a safe room, an overpressure valve on the outflow vent is recommended. When installed in a blast resistant shelter, blast valves are recommended. The complete systems also include two blast valves, an overpressure valve, and a backup hand pump.
- Emergency backup hand pump or the emergency backup hand crank – for long term power outages
- Blast valves – protect against the pressure and vacuum of nearby detonations
- Overpressure valve – provides a metered resistance on the outflow side to help the Safe Cell create and maintain overpressure
- Blast resistant steel ventilation pipes – easily installed pipes that bolt on to the outside of the shelter
- Automatic ventilation blower – this blower uses the same plumbing as the Safe Cell to provide unfiltered ventilation of a shelter when there are no airborne threats
- Replacement filters – every Safe Cell should have a reload of filter elements at hand