- There are 120,000 species of flies.
- Five species represent the vast majority of problems for humans.
- It has been documented that flies transport deadly diseases such as typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, yaws, anthrax, leprosy, and tuberculosis just to name a few.
- During a fly’s lifetime (usually 30 days), a female fly will lay anywhere from 300 to 600 eggs.
- Flies are attracted by movement more than color.
- Flies have a smelling distance of over 750 yards.
- A fly’s feeding range is usually limited to 2 miles.
The importance of fly control is paramount, if not for health reasons, than for financial ones. Every year new, stronger, chemical pesticides are developed to help control the fly population. The primary reason for new insecticides each year is "resistance" to the products on the market. Advantage Traps offers a way to control flies without toxic pesticides. This trap incorporates the 3 properties of an effective trap – light source, interior temperature, and aromatic dispensing smell. Advantage Traps use a chemical free formula called Fly Banquet. Fly Banquet cantains no poison, no chemicals, has little odor and is environmentally friendly! Flies are a reality no matter where you live. These traps are a real help in controlling fly population. They should be considered by farmers, homesteaders and any one concerned with uncertain economic times ahead – which could bring unsanitary conditions. Advantage Fly Traps are reusable and Fly Banquet is available in ten packs. Fly trap liners make clean up between uses much easier.
Tip: One of our customers shared that a small chunk of ground meat also works great as an attractant in your Advantage Fly Trap. Why not give it a try and compare the results.
EXTRA ATTRACTANT AVAILABLE, PLEASE CALL 1-800-627-3809
Fly Banquet, Attractant 10 pack. Stock #457 $17.00