DISCOVER 50 BASIC AND ADVANCED CAMPING & SURVIVAL SKILLS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THE OUTDOORS THE BEST EVER!
Great for family camping!
|Essential skills for the outdoors, taught by a master who lives what he preaches.|
| Cliff Jacobson|
Author of 16 books on canoeing & camping
What you’ll learn:
- SKILLS – like the ‘one match’ fire, knots, knife and axe use
- EMERGENCIES – what if you’re lost? Hypothermia? Signaling? Medicinal plants?
- STUFF TO WEAR – for wet and dry. The miracle scarf. Natural bug repellants and sun blocks.
- GREAT FOOD – like ‘beautiful Bannock’, grub for pack and canoe, cook kits & stoves.
- SAFE & COMFY – from bears! The canoe shelter, Whelen tent & safe water.
- GEAR TO TAKE – in a ‘smart’ daypack. Knives, saws, binoculars, multi-tools.
EACH SKILL IS A SEPARATE VIDEO… 2.5 HOURS OF CONTENT!
SPECIAL BONUS: "DICK’S QUICK TIPS POCKET GUIDE"
|Person is a free-thinking intellectual… a rare mix of backwoodsman and philosopher. He’s half Daniel Boone and half Thomas Jefferson.|
|Duluth Tribune, Minnesotta|
|A lot of useful information packed into this production. This DVD is worth the price.|
…is a mountain man, river guide, hunter, lecturer, writer and rough & tumble nutritionist. He’s a lean weathered man in his 70s who’s earned the red plaid shirt and bush hat with the gull feather. His hide glows with vigor. Dick grew up in Minnesota on the shores of Lake Superior. He did two years of graduate work in wildlife biology and was a ranger in Glacier National Park. Dick lived contentedly in a teepee for 17 years,raised a family in the bush, shooting his own game & tanning his own hides. He’s taught bush skills courses at the University of Alaska and gives seminars and primitive skills workshops across N. America. He leads canoe trips down the great rivers of the wild northwest and has been heard on media around the continent on how to build a fire in a blizzard, how to find the best edible mushrooms, how to keep black flies at bay. Dick looks like, and is, a sultan in the bush.