Pelican™ 1600 Case
This Pelican™ 1600 Case comes with the unique Pelican™ Pick-N-Pluck™ foam. This foam is pre-cut which allows you to customize the interior by half inch cubes. Trace out the item you want in the case and simply pluck the foam out by hand, no tool required. You can customize your case in less that 15 minutes.
The Pelican™ 1600 Case is unbreakable, watertight, airtight, dustproof, chemical resistant and corrosion proof, just like all the Pelican™ Cases. These are some of the features of this Pelican™ 1600 Case that offers total protection for your equipment. It is made of Ultra High Impact structural copolymer that makes it extremely strong and durable. Its exclusive 1/4″ (6.4 mm) neoprene o-ring and ABS latches seal perfectly and includes an automatic purge valve for quick equalization after changes in atmospheric pressure. Your equipment can fit into the high density foam or padded dividers for total subjection and protection against impact, vibration or shock. A nameplate (included) can be personalized (engraved at additional cost).
The Pelican™ 1600 Case is one of the larger cases that does not come with wheels and pull handle. Think of it as the toughest/largest briefcase you’ll see. It’s a popular case in the large Pelican™ Cases category and can be a great solution for larger gear/valuables that are a little lighter so you won’t need the wheels to move it around.
This case is NATO codified and tested to MIL C-4150J (Military Standard), IP-67 (Ingress Protection) and ATA (Air Transportation Association). Unconditionally Guaranteed … forever.
- Watertight, crush proof, and dust proof
- Open cell core with solid wall design – strong, light weight
- Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
- O-ring seal
- Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
- Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
- 2 level Pick ‘N’ Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
- Personalized nameplate service available
- Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
- Dimensions Inside: 21.43″ x 16.50″ x 7.87″ (54.4 x 41.9 x 20 cm)
- Dimensions Outside: 24.25″ x 19.43″ x 8.68″ (61.6 x 49.3 x 22 cm)
- Lid Depth: 1.75″ (4.4 cm)
- Bottom Depth: 6.12″ (15.5 cm)
- Total Depth: 7.87″ (20 cm)
- Interior Cubic Volume: 1.61 cubic feet (45.6 cubic decimeter)
- Weight with foam: 14.11 lbs. (6.4 kg)
- Weight without foam: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg)
- Buoyancy: 117 lbs. (53.07 kg)
- Temperature Range: -40 / 210° F (-40 / 99° C)
For over 30 years Pelican™ has built a reputation for manufacturing the toughest cases in the world. As a matter of fact, Pelican™ invented the category. Over these years we’ve seen our cases used for some fairly crazy activities…and important ones too.
Pelican™ Cases have been thrown out of helicopters in Iraq, floated through frigid fjords in Norway and rolled over by SUVs in Tanzania. With only a few scratches to show on the outside, contents inside are left unscathed. These are minor details for major bragging rights. And that is really what it’s all about. Getting your gear from point A to point B in the condition it’s meant to be in: intact and functional. Because it might contain a large format camera that will shoot next month’s magazine cover or a heart defibrillator that could save a person’s life, you can’t put a price on it.