This attractive 100% recycled plastic composter is a convenient garden accessory that helps you turn kitchen scraps and other organic waste from your home into a valuable soil amendment.
The design of this sturdy compost bin makes it one of the most efficient composters for kitchen and yard waste. The easy access lid, adjustable air vents and sliding bottom exit door make it easy for any gardener to start composting. As the organic material decomposes, you simply open the sliding door at the bottom and shovel out your rich, high-quality compost.
Please note – this compost bin is bottomless. It will allow compost tea and humus to settle into the ground wherever it’s placed. It can be positioned to help rejuvenate dead patches in a yard or to keep underground bulbs warm during the winter. It would be less useful if placed on a wooden deck or paved area.
Don’t forget to check out our compost turning tool to keep your compost well mixed and aerated. Our compost turning tool is much easier to use than a common pitch fork for mixing compost.
Recycled Plastic Compost Bin Features and Benefits:
- Requires no tools for assembly, so you can start composting in a matter of minutes.
- Holds 11 cubic feet of materials (approximately 82 gallons), which is plenty of room for several bags of leaves, grass clippings, kitchen scraps, etc.
- Includes a hinged lid opening on both sides for easy access.
- Removable top allows you to add lots of organic material at once. This also helps with watering and mixing the compost.
- Features a sliding exit door on the bottom so you can easily take out the compost with a shovel.
- Opened bottom compost bin. This lets the liquid compost tea that comes from the compost seep into the soil where the bin is located, improving the soil in the area around where youï¿½ve set up the composting unit.
- Adjustable air vents for proper air circulation and efficient decomposition of organic waste.
- Dimensions: 40″ h x 23″ w x 23″ d